Thursday, August 26, 2010

Its Easy yet We FAIL..

Wednesday, 25th August, 2010.

"My Earth My Duty"
http://epaper.hindustantimes.com/GalleryView.shtml?GId=25082010009011 
This is a good piece of news for all the people on this planet.
This caught my attention in today's newspaper and I so much want to share this with my readers.
My Earth My Duty, launched on 5th June, 2010, is an initiative by Zee News Ltd. to save our environment. The most interesting part is that they have over 1 crore youth volunteers from various colleges, schools and cities with an aim of planting approximately 60 lakh trees. It is unbelievable and true. Its also India's biggest plantation drive.

In the process of development and achieving progress, human beings have now threatened the sustainability of the Earth.
The Earth's temperature is rising speedily due to global warming. A warmer Earth may lead to changes in rainfall patterns, rise in sea level and a wide range of impacts on plants, wildlife and humans.
This campaign is aimed at creating awareness about our degrading environment and also encouraging people to take steps to halt or slowdown the environmental deterioration.
http://www.zeenews.com/myearth/

I really appreciate and like this initiative taken by Zee News and for telling us all that its high time now!
On the website, people can get simple tips on saving the environment and can also give their own ideas on saving our environment. They have a corner for poets and people who want to put in their articles. Its the right place for those interested in knowing new and detailed things about our environment.
http://www.zeenews.com/myearth/story.aspx?aid=631550 
http://www.zeenews.com/myearth/story.aspx?aid=631546 

After going through the tips to save the environment, I realized how much we can do at our personal level to save our EARTH. We usually never think on these lines and often miss these things in our busy lives.
It is amazing and I would like to congratulate Zee News on taking such a sincere and honest step towards protecting our planet.
I would appeal to my readers to please go through their website and learn easy ways to take up your responsibility:))
 

No comments:

Post a Comment